Dare to Dream is program for youth that is run by youth and supported by the Provincial Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health at CHEO (The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario). They provide funding for projects that aim to lower stigma and raise awareness about mental health issues.
Dare to dream offers up to $1000 to individuals and $5000 to groups, and anyone living in Ontario who is 18 years of age or under can apply with the support of adult mentor from a youth organization in your community.
Looking for some more information about the program? Visit Dare to Dream’s website at www.daretodreamprogram.ca
Are you thinking about applying for Dare to Dream funding? Here’s the eligibility criteria, so you can figure out if you and/or your project qualifies:
- Be 18 years of age or under
- Be residents of Ontario
- Agree to help promote the project on the Dare to Dream website
- Partner with an adult mentor who has experience working with children and youth
- Work with their mentor to demonstrate an effort to manage the funds wisely
- Submit a final report and exit survey to the Dare to Dream coordinator at the end of their project
All projects must:
- Be youth-led
- Be relevant to child and youth mental health in Ontario
- Be innovative
- Demonstrate impact
- Partner with a child and youth mental health agency that is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Children and Youth Services
If you are interested and your project is eligible, click "I am eligible!" under the appropiate category on the Dare to Dream homepage and download the application.